
This year my parents switched things up a little and had a great idea. Instead of buying us all Christmas presents, they wanted us to have a day together playing games and then take us out to eat. Well my sweet daddy bought his 4 daughters all a Willow Tree girl anyway and made us cry. I love him so much!! He was so thoughtful. Anyway, we decided to do it on New Year's Day since my sister and her husband would be here from Logan and we knew that they wouldn't be coming back down for quite awhile after that. We dropped our boy's off at Troy's parents and met back at mom and dad's for games. We played Scattergories, A-Z, and Phase 10. We then went to The Old Spaghetti Factory for a fabulous dinner. I love their salad with creamy pesto dressing, the hot bread and garlic butter and the spaghetti with browned butter and mizithra cheese. Dinner is also followed by the best ice cream, spumoni!! If you haven't ever been there, you need to go. It is so good!!
I'm getting hungry just writing about it!! As we were waiting for our ice cream, Troy did a naughty thing and quietly told the waitress it was my mom's birthday. It really wasn't though. A large group of about 10 waiters and waitresses came singing Happy Birthday to my poor mom and lit a candle in her ice cream. Her reaction was priceless. I was sitting next to her so I couldn't take a picture but I found out my sister Karli recorded the entire thing on her phone. I whispered to Mom, "please just play along" and she did! After the group of singers left, I started laughing hysterically. I couldn't stop. My stomach, cheeks, mouth, everything began to hurt and then I started to cough. I was afraid I was going to throw up all that awesome food I just ate. I had to get it together. It was nearly impossible. After what seemed like forever, I calmed down and pulled it together and saw my mom was sending daggers Troy and my direction. I promised her it was all her son-in-law's fault. I had had nothing to do with it. In the end, she laughed as well and told us our turn would come so watch out!! It was a great day with great people and I hope we do it every year.Thanks Mom and Dad!!
8 comments:
That is such a great idea! How fun! Troy is awesome! I can just picture the stink eye your mom was giving him after! Too funny!
Oh I can just see your mother! That is too funny!
Hey I hope you don't mind my peeking at your blog! I saw it on your Facebook profile. I started blogging a few months ago and LOVE it!
Sounds like you had a great New Years! Spaghetti Factory is my FAVORITE!
It looks like you had a great Christmas and New Year. Your family is so cute! See ya Sunday.
That was the best...I seriously had such a hard time singing with a straight face...sitting across from mom was the best...ahh the face...I can't wait to see what she does to Troy...
hey! i love your blog! don't change it!!! let's do get together! either with or without the fam-i'm easy! good to "see" you!
I am so glad to "find" you and I will admit I stalked you! Your blog is so much fun. Makes me want to rethink mine. :) Anyways. I loved reading about your family. I think about you every morning when I drive by your folks house to drop my baby. I hope you are good. :)
So Jen you "found" me but your blog is private so I can't get to you. You left facebook and now I lost you again.If you leave another comment let me know how I can get permission to your blog. I miss you and hope you are well. Love ya♥
Post a Comment