Monday, January 26, 2009
Skiing with Dad - Take 2
So Taylor and Troy got their day of skiing in. They went to Brighton on Martin Luther King Day and well let's just say it was not the day they were hoping for. There were a lot of people and Taylor gets nervous trying new things when there are people around. Especially ones he doesn't know. They did the first run and Taylor was doing great but he was building speed and Troy could tell he wasn't going to stop! He crashed pretty hard and was very upset! Can you blame him? He refused to ski anymore!! So Troy got him settled and went off to do some runs on his own. After a couple runs he went to see if Taylor had cooled off and if he was ready to try again. It took quite a bit of convincing but Taylor got up and tried again. They did about four runs down and Taylor had had enough. Troy again got him settled and went to do a few more runs. Troy went back to get Tay and they headed home. I believe the highlight of their day was breakfast before and a big hot chocolate on the way home. Troy is determined that they'll try again and Tay wants to too! Maybe they'll have to go on a non-holiday day!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
About Me
- The Halls of Fame
- We are the Hall family. We love life and are enjoying our journey together. Our boys are our whole world and we feel so blessed to have each other.
4 comments:
lol. that reminds me of my first time skiing. I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to things like that. I don't like not knowing how to do something...stupid I know. I've learned by now. But it took years to finally accept the fact that skiing was fun! Good luck!! That's fun that they got to go do a father/son adventure.
Poor guy! Tell him good job for trying. You could also tell him what Mike always tells our kids. Mike says "why do we fall down"
Kids say "so we can get back up and try again"
Good Job Taylor!!!
Hey girl!! So glad to find your blog. I love blogging and can't wait to stalk yours! So when is Kelly coming? Keep me posted. I deactivated my Facebook account until I can work out the kinks, but stay in contact. Your family is so cute. I can't wait to be able to take my kids skiing one day. I think they are still to young but your skiing day made me jealous. Troy is crazy! That is quite the jump he is making! Wow.
I get nervous trying new things in front of people...whether I know them or not because I don't want to make a fool of myself! But that's great he got back up again and did it! Sounds like a fun day for the boys!
Post a Comment