Saturday, December 13, 2008

New Hair!!

So, I went dark. I have been wanting a change for my hair for awhile now but I'm not brave enough to go short so I figured color was the next best option. Troy wanted me to do jet black with multiple colors weaved in(he saw a girl with it in a magazine and thought it was so cool!), ugh! I talked with my stylist, who is fabulous btw, and we picked out a color one shade darker than my natural hair and then some caramel highlights. Well, I think the highlights made my hair look kind of reddish orange on top and I wasn't sure I was going to like it. I came home and both the boys said "What did you do to your hair?" I guess that's honesty for ya! They proceeded to say that it was ok but they preferred it the other way better. I think Troy was shocked I really did it and I wasn't quite sure what he really thought. I had work the next day and a family party that night so I was now a little nervous. People were complimentary and that's great, but who, besides your honest Abe children, are going to truly say "What did you do to your hair?". I let it settle and tried to get used to the new do for a couple of days but the top just wasn't workin' for me. So I went back in on Thursday and had her do all my hair the dark color and get rid of the reddish orange highlights. Now, I am loving it!! It is a definite change but its fun for winter. It's a lot darker than I ever thought I'd go but I think it's good. I'll try to slowly get back to light brown and blonde highlights come spring and summer but for now, I'm a brownie!! That's Troy's new nickname for me! So, for those of you who don't love it, it's ok. Life is about taking chances and my friend Vanessa has a little quote on her page that says "If you never step outside the box, you'll never know how big the world is". Well I jumped out of the box and dove head first into the hair color world and I survived. There is a lot of color out there and it could've been worse!! I'm going to enjoy the change and know that all change takes a little getting used to! Here's a few pics to see the change........

7 comments:

Sovic Clan said...

Love it!! You look HOT!!

The Owen Family said...

What's your kids talking about! I LOVE IT....

Anonymous said...

You look Great!!!
besides, I am prejudice to dark brown!!! ;)

Unknown said...

You look great! I'm going dark too, I'm nervous. I hope it turns out as great as yours does.

the Horton Hurricane said...

It looks so cute. Change is a good thing well at least it is when it comes to your hair, I however am finding out I like me brown better than blonde.

Tiffany said...

I Love it, it looks great. I dyed my hair dark brown once and it was fun to change things up from boring ol' blonde. I'm so glad you now have a blog. I'm looking forward to reading more about you guys.

Cassie said...

Hey very cute hair! I am so glad you have a blog...we do too. Ours is private so email me at cassiejfj@yahoo.com and I will send you out an invite.
Thanks for always sending us a Christmas card. You are on the ball every year.

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
We are the Hall family. We love life and are enjoying our journey together. Our boys are our whole world and we feel so blessed to have each other.