Sunday, February 8, 2009
Romp to Stomp
My neighbor/personal trainer/great friend Melissa invited me to go snowshoeing with her. She also invited my best buddy Courtney. Neither Court or I have done it before but wanted to try. I'm trying to step outside my comfort zone and try new things this 2009 year and this seemed like the perfect opportunity. Courtney and I met up with Melissa at Mountain Dell golf course, registered and got fitted in our snow shoes. This was a race and a walk to "stomp" out breast cancer . We chose to WALK!!!! As you will see, there were a lot of people. I hoped I wouldn't get mowed over as I knew I wouldn't be the first one out of the gate!! There were five of us together but soon the three left us behind and Courtney and I trekked on together. We got to a point in the race where a lady was pointing 2 directions. One way was a 3K and the other a 5K. Courtney and I chose the 3K. I wanted to finish alive!!! And sure enough I did!! It felt great. Not only had I completed it but I wasn't the last one. That's impressive if I do say so myself!! Courtney and I waited for Melissa and the other two girls-I forgot their names:( I called my kids and Troy and told them I had beat Melissa. They couldn't believe it! How could I have beaten her?? I told them when I got home that she had done a longer race and that's how I beat her. They knew something wasn't quite right. RUDE!!! :) We then got back in our cars and drove to this lovely restaurant called the Citrus Grill. Our lunch was fabulous and I can't wait to snowshoe again. I'm going to be checking clearance sales for snow shoes. Thanks girls for a fabulous day and a new adventure!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
About Me
- The Halls of Fame
- We are the Hall family. We love life and are enjoying our journey together. Our boys are our whole world and we feel so blessed to have each other.



11 comments:
Sounds like fun...I do have to say I do not miss the snow!
It's great to see you and Troy. You both look great!
Take Care
OOHHH, I am jealous. I love doing stuff like that. Give me a good workout and I am in! Your Super Party looks fun. THat is the best, girl talk and food. Nothin better.
The pix are great.
I found the blog layout at
delightfuldots.blogspot.com
They have some cute stuff...have fun!
My sister keeps trying to get me to go snowshoeing. I'm going to have to try it
way fun way to go on trying new things! I love your dark hair.
How fun! I would love to do that! Looks like you girls had a great time!!!
Melissa is the cutest...isn't she?? Looks like you had fun. I haven't snowshoed since high school...it's a great workout!
Hey TeKarri! Ran into your blog from Jen F's of all people. That looks like so much fun! I've been wanting to try snowshoeing for years. Haven't gotten around to it though.
Okay why didn't I know you had a blog?? I remember Melissa talking about this race a long time ago in one of her classes and thought she was crazy, but it looks like FUN!
Hey! I Just tagged you on my blog! Check it out!
Thanks for putting up with all of us last night! It was so great being at your house!!!
It looks like so much fun. I would have dropped dead before the end.
Post a Comment